The National Center for Children in Poverty (NCCP) is one of the nation’s leading public policy research centers. Part of Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, NCCP has been promoting the economic security, health, and well-being of low-income children and families in the U.S. since 1989.
The part-time (21 hours per week) Financial Coordinator, working under the guidance of the center’s Administrative Director, will provide a range of financial and administrative support services.
In compliance with Columbia University’s standards and practices, the Financial Coordinator will carry out the tasks listed below.
Perform Finance and Accounting Procedures
- Purchase orders
- Change orders
- Check requests
- Assist with proposal development, including budget preparation and support documentation
- Enter proposals in the university’s Research Compliance and Administration System
- Submit proposals to the office of Sponsored Projects Administration for review and approval
- Submit final proposals to potential funders
- Provide ongoing financial management and expenditure analysis of the grants
- Track due dates for all progress reports and awarded research
- Manage consultant agreements
- Work closely with the university’s Sponsored Projects Administration office to establish subcontracts
- Prepare interim and final financial reports for the granting agencies
- Serve as the center’s Effort Reporting Coordinator to the Office of Grants and Contracts
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education, training, and experience plus two years of related experience, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Organized, self-motivated, reliable, conscientious, and able to solve problems and work independently
If interested, apply online: jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=149143
The National Center for Children in Poverty is committed to building a culturally diverse environment.
All applicants must apply through the Columbia University Jobs site. Please visit the site and search open positions for requisition number 078609. Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Excellent benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.